Don’t Miss Out on Everglades Holiday Park’s New Animal Encounter Program
Everglades Holiday Park is a 29-acre wildlife rescue and park located in the heart of the Everglades wetlands, perfect for family fun adventures and a day enjoying the nature of South Florida. With extraordinary activities such as guided airboat tours, Jon boat rentals, Everglades fishing, and live alligator shows, there’s no limit to the excitement experienced on our Fort Lauderdale tours. Just in time for summer, we’re excited to announce yet another program for our guests to enjoy: a new, interactive animal encounter program!
Not only can you witness animals roaming on our property and in the surrounding waters, but our new program gives visitors the opportunity for a fully hands-on encounter with a variation of Everglades reptiles and mammals.
Here’s what you should know about our Everglades Animal Encounter Program:
• Each encounter is led by an Everglades Holiday Park animal expert that has extensive experience in handling and caring for all sorts of wildlife.
• Our animal encounter area is in a closed-off, private section of our park where you can enjoy a relaxed setting with just a few other animal enthusiasts. This way, you can guarantee front row, personal contact with our wildlife and our guides, who will gladly answer any questions you might have about the animals.
• Your group can spend up to 45 minutes in a private area, up-close to uncaged animals. You’ll have the chance to interact with up to 5 different animals during each encounter.
• The animals that you’ll spend time with will vary, since they are living in their natural habitats and don’t “work” on command. However, your encounter will include a variation of tortoises, skunks, raccoons, snakes, pigs, and alligators. You’ll get the opportunity to touch, hold, pet, and even feed these animals. • Most of the animals within our program were rescued by our staff, or donated to Everglades Holiday Park because of our reputation for world-class care of animals and the environment.
• Every participant in our encounter program will receive professional photos of their experience!
• For an add-on, you can get the once in a lifetime opportunity to spend time with a rare, albino baby alligator and a white baby racoon – both born and raised in captivity.
• This experience is safe for visitors of all ages; however, we recommend that younger children are accompanied by an adult.
• Our animal encounter is available standalone or as a part of a package that includes a hands-on experience, a professional photo, a 60-minute narrated airboat tour, a live alligator show in our new, updated Gator Boys Alligator Rescue alligator pit, and 1 free, professional group photo per group. Those who just want to experience our new animal encounter can also purchase separate tickets.
We are currently running our new interactive experience at select times, so those who are interested in our animal encounter program are encouraged to make a reservation ahead of time. Call 954-434-8113 to speak with an Everglades expert and learn about what’s included on our Fort Lauderdale tours. Book your private animal encounter today!